FileGarden for Linux
A free software visits :
things that you can try with filegarden1.2.5c ...
need to be root user in-order to do all the downloading and updates for filegarden1.2.5c
(updated) , i may have missed and left out stuffs and procedures of the update installations ...
let me know if you found anything ...
filegarden and stuffs from this updates site are compiled and tested on linux kernel 2.4.*
on my redhat9
and 2.6.* on my ubuntu 6.06
... if you are interested in compiling the program
yourself , you can download kylix open edition
from borland site
- directly download and unpack the source package with this link
- directly download and unpack the required runtime libraries with this link
- filegarden compilation notes
and this can also be done in freebsd
some random executables and commandline applications written be others that you can try from within filegarden or run them straight either from the commandline or through a dialog ...
note that for some of them filegarden still need to be installed first , most probably those will need files residing in /opt/redstone and ~/redstone ... and also,
some of them may have already been included in newer releases of filegarden binary package and you need to have a look at the readme files for these executables
before you try them ...
- TestPrintNew(a java program) that filegarden use for outputing basic postscript file
- xfgmail , an emailing client ... runs from the commandline or through a dialog
- cdpaly by Sariel Har-Peled , a commandline cd player
- tplay by Ilkka Karvinen , firstname.lastname@example.org ... a commandline sound player that handles wav and riff
- moc by Damian Pietras , "console audio player for Linux/UNIX", locally or over the network. Depends on what you can compile, basically supporting wav mp3 ogg and flac. Works on newer linux...
if encountering problems with installations , usages and compilations ... probably you
can have a look at these ::
- Kylix Deployment Notes from efg
- FreeCLX Community Project
- Unofficial VisualCLX Patches , collection of patches to the CLX source code shipped with Kylix 3
- kylixlibs , a sourceforge project
- CrossKylix - Kylix Crosscompiler for Delphi/Windows
- fpGUI , a multi-platform Free Pascal GUI Toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces wiki
- Lazarus , class libraries and development environment for Free Pascal that emulate Delphi
- Free Pascal
- Free Pascal for x86 solaris
- Download latest Delphi for windows and some...
- Download borland's Turbo Explorer for windows
- Turbo Explorer review by Neil J. Rubenking , taken from PC Magazine
- Gambas , a free linux development environment based on a Basic interpreter with object extensions, like Visual Basic
- Ultimate++ , a linux C++ cross-platform rapid application development suite
- KBasic, a new programming language, "a further BASIC dialect and is related to VB.NET, Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Application and Java.". Can also have a look at here first.
- Antique Software , from the museum